Pharmacies and Drug Stores by culverlibin | Jan 17, 2023 Pharmacies and Drug Stores Culver City Drug Store The Culver City Drugstore operated in Culver from 1922 to 1968, when it was purchased by Ron Tusing and renamed Mr. T's. More on the Drug Store in Mark Roeder's book Culver City Drug Store The interior of the Culver City Drug Store on Main St. Rector's Pharmacy Rector's Pharmacy on the east side of Main Street, an undated postcard. The Pharmacy was opened in 1909, operated by Nathan Rector until its purchase by Robert McKinnis in 1962, and moved before eventually shutting down in 1977 when McKinning and Ron Tusing merged to form Mr. T's Drugs. Mark Roeder's entry on Culver's Drug Stores from his Culver history book Main St. - 1970s The west side of Main Street as it appeared sometime in the 1970s. Notice the McKinnis Drug Store, which preceded the existence of Mr. T's (which opened in 1977), and the reflection of the Marathon sign across the street. Also present is Culver Clothiers, later to become Andy's Clothiers. Little League Team An August, 1970 photo of the Little League team representing McKinnis Pharmacy (later Mr. T's Drug Store). Photo by White Photography. Groundbreaking Groundbreaking for Mr. T's Drugs on Academy Road (just west of the intersection of Academy and Lake Shore Dr.). Mr. T's broke ground in 1977 and was finally closed following the death of co-owner Ronald Tusing in the late 1980s. Pictured are Tusing's partner, Robert McKinnis, who had previously been owner of Rector's Pharmacy, which he had purchased in 1962 (courtesy Kay Tusing). Mr. T's Drug Store Mr. T's Drug store, the 1970s -- Ron Tusing, left, Robert McKinnis, right (courtesy Kay Tusing). IGA Grocery Store The IGA Grocery Store and the Culver City Drug store, 107 and 109 S. Main Street (the west side of Main). As a point of reference, Colwell (formerly Abad & Epley) Realty Estate is presently at 107 S. Main. Rector's Pharmacy The McKinnis Pharmacy in the early 1970s, when it was located at the corner of SR 10 and 17 on the north side of Culver (north of today's Park n' Shop grocery). Robert McKinnis is standing n front of the store. By 1977, McKinnis would merge with Ron Tusing and form Mr. T's drugs on Academy Road. The McKinnis Pharmacy The McKinnis Pharmacy in the early 1970s, when it was located at the corner of SR 10 and 17 on the north side of Culver (north of today's Park n' Shop grocery). Robert McKinnis is standing n front of the store. By 1977, McKinnis would merge with Ron Tusing and form Mr. T's drugs on Academy Road.